Friday, April 17, 2015

How to Use Wellnet to Pay for Flights

If you don't have a credit card to pay for flights online, you can use Wellnet.

Wellnet is a Japanese online bills payment company. According to their website. you can buy bus tickets, pay domestic bills and pay flights using their service. I've recently used Wellnet to pay for my flight on Jetstar this July.

All convenience stores in Japan have Wellnet services. That's how wide Wellnet's  services are. But if you cannot read Japanese...

I highly recommend paying at Circle K or Sunkus. The payment machine at Circle K and Sunkus are easy to use. It took me less than 5 minutes to get a receipt and pay my bills at the cashier.

I'm warning you against FamiPort at Family Mart. It's so difficult to use! I tapped all possible buttons but I didn't succeed. It also asks a lot of confirmation numbers that I don't know of. I got confused and frustrated using FamiPort.

I also don't recommend paying at 7/11. Supposedly, I just have to go to the counter and tell to the cashier my Wellnet number. Jetstar gave me an 11-digit number but the staff at 7/11 asked for a 13-digit number. They insisted they cannot process my payment. Where am I supposed to get the 2 other digits?

Don't go at Lawson too if you're paying for international flights. I also had to ask for help to select the right button on the screen. Everything is in kanji.

This is how to pay using Wellnet at Circle K or Sunkus. All images are credited to Wellnet's Website. 

K station operating procedures

1. Tap  "various payment" button in the middle of the screen part.
20150116_1.jpg

2. Tap the one with 11 if you have an 11-digit number or 6 if have a 6-digit number
20141117_2.jpg 

3.Choose the button corresponding to the company you're paying. Choose "Next List" if your supplier is not on the 1st page. (It's the down button.) 
If you're paying for Jetstar, choose Wellnet which is on the last page.
cksimg02.jpg

4. Touch the button on the right corner. It means proceed.

cksimg03.jpg

5. Type your 11-digit or 6-digit Wellnet number. 
cksimg04.jpg 
6. The screen will show your payment details. 
If there's no error, touch the button on the right corner to print your receipt.
If there's an error, you have to call your merchant. 
cksimg07.jpg 

After confirmation, the machine will print your ticket. Show it to the cashier and pay. Wait for receipt.

This is what I did when I paid for my Jetstar flight. Other merchants may have additional steps but I'm pretty sure you can figure it out because the payment port is user-friendly. As long as you have all the payment details, you can easily ask the staff for help.

Wellnet accepts payments for flights made with Jetstar, Peach Airlines, Air AsiaX, AirDo, ANA, Star Flyer, Oriental Air Bridge, Sorashido and Japan Airlines.

It also accept payments for: (from Wellnet's Website) 

Amazon, Yahoo! JAPAN, Rakuten auction, Google, E store, TakuKen family, Earl beads, Aflac, AIU, Mitsui Direct,Sharp , dinos, Sofmap, JALPAK (e-travel) , ANA Sales, MOL Ferry, Sony Music Artists, Hankyu Department Store, Tokyu Department Store, Kintetsu Department Store, Kansai Electric Power, Chugoku Electric Power, Chubu Electric Power, Kyushu Electric Power, Toyokeiki (e gas ticket), college entrance examination fee (Kinki University, Ritsumeikan, Kwansei Gakuin, Kyoto industry, Kansai University, other ), Sundai prep school, disco, basic skills Foundation, Shizuoka Cultural Foundation, Hanshin Koshien Stadium, NHK Symphony Orchestra, New Japan Philharmonic, Tokyo Metropolitan Symphony Orchestra, recruit ..... and many others

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...