Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Where to See Autumn Colors in Japan


My favorite season is autumn and it's autumn now so Yay! I love the coolness in the air although I'm not really looking forward to the winter chill.

So why do I love autumn? 
First, autumn air reminds me of Christmas time in the Philippines. 
Second, autumn hints of romance and love. I just wish my love one is here.
Third, autumn in Japan signals the end of the year. And I really want this year to end. 
Last, the colors all around are just amazing. 

I won't explain my first three reasons but I'll just share the best spots for autumn colors viewing.
My own list is limited but I can personally attest that the colors are really amazing. 

If you want to see the different shades of autumn, go to Arashiyama in Kyoto or drive to the mountains going to Gifu Prefecture. 

If you want something nearer, Nagoya Castle Park has amazing autumn colors in mid-November. 

In Hamamatsu, go up Haruno area and camp for a day at Akiha. 

If you're willing to go further, visit Shirakawa-go, in Gifu Prefecture. You can also go to Nikko, north of Tokyo. 

These are the only places I can guarantee of great autumn views because I've seen them personally. 

Check these sites for more information: 


This site lists places where you can see all over Japan. The best feature of this site is it's rating system from people who have already visited the places. It also has transportation guides that can help you when planning a trip. Japan Guide monitors the autumn leaves so you'll have an idea when is the best time to visit particular spots. 


Based on the title, this site presents the Top 8 places in Japan to see autumn colors. Take note, however, that this site is owned by a travel agency so it's partly advertising. The good thing about this is you can book tours with them should you want to go to the featured places. Theirs tours are of good value especially if you don't want the hassle of finding transportation. (I'm not in anyway affiliated with them.)


This site just basically affirms some featured places on Japan Guide. It just provided more information.


Kyoto comes up in most websites about autumn colors. If you have limited time and want to do more, Kyoto is the best place to go. This website features accessible places in Kyoto for autumn viewing. 


This site mentions the same places in the other websites I gave. I included this because it gives an extensive guide about the places including contact information and things to do. 

November is the best month to go for autumn viewing. The colors are really lovely and red while the temperature is not bone-chilling. 

So plan your autumn trip now and don't forget to take your camera!








Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...