Sunday, October 19, 2014

How to Find Part-Time English Teaching in Japan

an events venue in Hamamatsu

Do you need to earn more? Or maybe you just want to fill your free time?

If you think you can teach English, then there are loads of part-time work waiting for you.

Here's how you can find part-time teaching jobs in Japan:


1. Sign-up at FindStudents.net

This is a great website for those who want to do private teaching. Unlike other sites I signed-up on, FindStudents.net has given results. I have 2 regular students from and 2 whenever-they-need-me students because of this site. There were also several students who asked for my lessons but we didn't agree with the place or time. You just have to sign-up, post your profile, select your preferences and you're done. Wait for a couple of weeks. The site's admin will notify you if a student considered or selected you as a teacher.

2. Browse Gaijinpot for jobs

While waiting for students, you can also browse Gaijinpot for teaching jobs in your area. This is a reliable site with advertisements from big language companies. Gaijinpot doesn't only post jobs, you can also find vast information about working and living in Japan. I was able to do business classes because of Gaijinpot.

3. Ask your friends

You can always find jobs the old fashioned way- ask your connections. If you have friends working in other language companies, ask if their company has an open position for you. You can also ask if your friends know anyone who wants to study English. Just ask, ask, ask. I'm teaching various students from another company after a friend referred me. She knew I was looking for part-time work because I asked. I also help out some students referred by friends. They're not regular because my schedule's full from all the part-time work, really.

Like I mentioned, there are loads of part-time teaching jobs in Japan. Seek and you will find!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...